To foster lifelong wellness and maximize patient empowerment through education and skilled, research-informed, empathetic care.
The Patient PT Difference
Why choose us? Whether you're looking for skilled physical therapy, therapeutic massage, or Graston Technique™ Therapy, Patient PT offers affordable rates, minimal paperwork, and pain relief in as little as 30 minutes. Patient PT promises:
- No surprise costs. Specific, flat fees for all services and treatments available are posted on our website and reviewed at the time of booking to ensure our clients never receive an unexpected bill for services already rendered.
- Customer satisfaction counts. Healthcare today is more expensive and harder to access than it ever has been. People often wait weeks or months to get a primary care appointment that starts late, ends early, and ultimately offers no answers or limited options for treatment. Patient PT offers:
- Low-cost screening and consultation
- Same day & next day appointments
- Easy, flexible scheduling
- Collaborative treatment plans
- No pressure to commit to weeks or months of appointments
- Thoughtful, focused, evidence-based treatment. Because Patient PT is a private, direct-pay, sole-practitioner clinic, your care is 100% between you and your therapist. Patient PT does not double or overlap appointment times, so you never need to worry about being forgotten on an exercise bike or pushed out the door at the end of your appointment.
- No judgment. Patient PT is a judgment-free zone. If you haven’t gotten help because you are worried about the quality of your care being affected by the way you look, who you are, how / how long ago your problem started, or simply because you have had bad experiences with healthcare in the past, give Patient PT a try. We are here to help.
- Maximum patient empowerment. Our mission is to help you feel better in whatever way we can, while offering choice and cost-conscious treatment plans. Our whole-patient approach helps to ensure that our clients understand the origin of their condition and the different ways it can be managed so they can make informed health & wellness decisions.
My name is Kelly Clark, and I am the founder of Patient PT. I worked in a variety of industries including information technology, eLearning, technical writing, and grants administration prior to returning to school full time in 2013 to fulfill my lifelong dream of becoming a physical therapist.
I have been a licensed massage therapist since 2005, and ran a successful sole-proprietor massage therapy practice part-time for several years. I discontinued my private practice for several years due to what I believed at the time to be an overuse injury of my hands that would only worsen if I continued to do the work that I loved.
During my education to become a physical therapist, I learned how to reverse and then maintain my progress after that overuse injury, and I am now able to offer massage therapy and other manual therapies without pain or fear of ongoing overuse injury, and teach my patients and clients to manage their own symptoms independently as well. I am a proud graduate of both Indiana University Bloomington and the Indiana University Doctor of Physical Therapy program at IUPUI.
During my clinical rotations and observation hours at eight different Bloomington Indiana facilities offering both inpatient and outpatient physical therapy, I realized that I had an approach to PT that is dramatically different than most PTs, thanks to my experiences both as a patient with a pain condition that went un- & mis-diagnosed for almost a decade, and as the immediate family member of a patient who passed away due to a disorder subject to widespread bias. Fortunately, my experiences as a sole-proprietor massage therapist taught me that being an entrepreneur doesn't need to be nearly as risky or difficult as many people believe. The rest is now history.
I believe that people have a right to approachable, affordable, patient-centered wellness care. My clients are free to book both massage and Graston Technique™ appointments with me as needed to manage their symptoms without committing to a course of physical therapy - though many folks do decide they'd like to try PT after they've met me and asked me a few questions. I encourage clients to decide for themselves when and if they are ready to commit to working with me on a focused physical therapy treatment plan. Physical therapy still includes massage and Graston as needed, but adds therapeutic exercise, health and wellness education, posture modification, and movement re-training to give patients the skills to feel better for the long haul.
I held a fundraiser during my Grand Opening Celebration in September of 2019 to establish a pro-bono fund for the patient population dearest to my heart, those with persistent pain and limited financial means.
To learn more about me and why I founded Patient PT, visit the Patient PT Blog. If you are a healthcare practitioner or interested in concepts such as health disparity, advocacy, social determinants of health, biopsychosocial models of practice, or wellness advantage, disadvantage, and privilege, please visit my practitioner and healthcare disruption-focused blog, PT For The People.
What are you waiting for?
Book an appointment today, and feel better.