Do you pee when you laugh, jump, or run? Ever wonder if your back pain might be related to child birth? Did you know that a tight pelvic floor can even make it harder to breathe?
Check out this informative video from Dr. Alison Van Doren that provides insights on these questions. Dr. Ali also includes a demonstration of how to breathe mindfully and explains how the way you breathe can affect your pelvic floor and vice versa!
- 0:00 - 0:20 - Do you pee when you don't want to?
- 0:20 - 0:50 - Why does the pelvic floor matter?
- 0:50 - 1:25 - Anatomy of the Pelvic Floor
- 1:25 - 1:54 - Should I just do kegels?
- 1:54 - 2:52 - Breathing, the Pelvic Floor, and upper back pain
- 2:52 - 3:35 - How to Breathe
- 3:35 - Worried about needing "internal" work?